West Campus Books has been created for students and by students - so we understand the importance of protecting our your privacy.
Here at West Campus Books, we strive to earn and keep your trust. For this reason, we have adopted the following principles to protect our your privacy.
- West Campus Books will never commercially profit by selling or renting out information that personally identifies you to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Any sensitive information that you provide will be secured with all industry-standard protocols and technology.
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information within our database.
Creating an Account
When creating an account on our website, you will be required to provide contact information such as first and last name, email address, a phone number, and a protected password.
Upon creating an account with West Campus Books, we may send you an email with confirmation details and other information. West Campus Books may also send you informational emails regarding your orders, returns, cancellations, website updates and any user inquiries or problems.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request
- Resolve disputes
- Troubleshoot problems
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and transaction history.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered on our website via Refer-a-Friend, we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell any email addresses that are provided to us.
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters, and special characters. Do not disclose your West Campus Books password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify West Campus Books and change your password.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.